Category Archives: Health Tips

Apr 19

Keeping it clean – Avoiding pesticides in our food

Every year the Environmental Working Group (EWG) publishes a list of the fruits and vegetables found to have the most and the least pesticide residues. These are called “The Dirty Dozen” and “The Clean Fifteen!” Why are these lists important to Dr. Patti and I? Because we feel too little is known about the impact […]

read more
  • Bisphenol A in Cash Receipts

    19 April 2016

    Have you ever wondered why Vive Health’s receipt papers are yellow? As it turns out, thermal paper commonly used for point-of-sale receipts contain Bisphenol-A (BPA), an endocr

    read more
  • Part 2: What can we do to protect ourselves from EMR?

    16 March 2016

    This is Part 2 of a two part blog article on EMRs (see Part 1: EMR and your health). Now that we recognize that Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR) in our environment may be a concer

    read more
  • Part 1: EMR and your health

    17 February 2016

    What are the health impacts of cell phones and Wifi? Many of us have already begun the process of cleaning up our homes to create a healthier living environment for our families

    read more
  • Nail Polishes – Are They Harmful To Your Health?

    03 December 2015

    In one of my previous posts, I outlined the existence and dangers of the myriad of chemicals found in our daily body care products (Skin Deep: The Hidden Dangers of Body Care Pro

    read more
  • What Is Stress? Stress and Your Health

    06 November 2015

    Stress – A word thrown around to describe the hectic nature of life. I once heard someone say that 80% of us are stressed, and the other 20% are in denial of it. I believe that

    read more
  • Castor Oil Packs

    25 September 2015

    The castor bean (Oleum ricini) has a traditional use as a cathartic (strong laxative when taken internally) and has been used for constipation and to induce labour. However, a mo

    read more
Vive Health is a forward thinking Calgary Naturopathic medical clinic with services and programs that fill one simple goal – to help you get better and stay better! We hope this site will help you discover how we are different and how we can help you find and keep your best health. We invite you to browse our website to learn more about how we can help you, and look forward to meeting you to introduce you to a new kind of health care experience.
1889 45th Street NW
Calgary
AB
T3B 4S7
Canada